What’s on my Desk
- Rocks from a long-ago trip to the Himalayas. My husband and I took time off from caring from his sick mother and went on a white-water trip outside Simla. We jumped into the water which was not as frigid as I thought it would be. I took a few rocks as a memento. I also saved a sign from the hotel room which said “Keep window closed for fear of theiving monkeys”
- Wonder Woman push button toy
She says many things to buck me up when I need inspiration. My favorite is: You are a warrior.
- You are a Bad Ass push button toy
More of the same: I need a lot of bucking up!
- Pope Francis I Bobble Head – This Pope is just such a man of the people. I love his mission of service to the poor.
- YWCA of the City of New York 2023 Desk Calendar: Always great to see what you are working for!
- Various quotes and sentiments in frames
One of which is “Take pride in how far you have come, have faith in how far you will go!” This was given to me by my boss on my first day as Regional Director for the American Heart Association. This was my first formal fundraising job and I was very nervous. Fortunately, the good folks at the AHA had guidebooks and manuals on all aspects of fundraising. This helped ease me into the process of Heart Balls, Heart Walks, The Open-Heart Open Golf Outing, Hearts in Bloom, setting up three boards and so much more!